Day 6: Quicksilver Cruise to the Great Barrier Reef (Part 1)
Sorry for the late updates, between restlessness and slow internet, blog updates have been a bit of a struggle.
This morning we had an early start. We were picked up by the Quicksilver Coach Bus to take us to Port Douglass for our Cruise to the Great Barrier Reef.
It was a beautiful 45 minute drive North to Port Douglass.
We arrived at the Reef Marina! This is where we will board our cruise ship and head to the Great Barrier Reef.
Quicksilver is the Great Barrier Reef!!! Did you know the Great Barrier Reed was one of the Seven Wonders of the World!!
There is our cruise ship. It is time to board and begin our journey to the Great Barrier Reef.
Charm and Mom are all smiles as we leave the docks and head out on our hour and a half cruise to the Reef.
Mom taking some time to rest up before we get to the reef. Some people just can't hang. LOL
Dominique, on the other hand, chose to read up on some of the marine biology that he might encounter today at the Reef.
After a long cruise out to the Reef, it was time for Dominique and I to get prepared to for our 45 minute guided snorkeling tour around the Great Barrier Reef.
Meanwhile, on the boat, Charm, Mom and Dad got well acquainted to the smorgashbord lunch. Hope they save us some.
After we got suited up and a brief introduction to snorkeling, it was time for Nique and I to hit the ocean.
SHARK!!!!! On second thought, maybe we should rethink this whole snorkeling thing..... Just Kidding, its just a really big fish.
Nique and I getting some last minute updates from our instructor, Lucy.
I do not know why I was the first one in the water, I guess I volunteered as tribute.
Here comes Dominique.
While Dominique and I were out in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef, Charm and Mom decided to give it a try themselves. Yay Charm!! Yay Mom!!!
Mom and Charm entering the water. They didn't go on the tour, they stayed close to the boat and did the basic snorkeling.
Mom is in the water. Charm is still holding on for dear life. Come on Charm, you can do it!
Mom is having a blast, Charm is finally in the water, yet still holding on to the rail. LET GO!!
Mom encouraging Charm to look in the ocean. Charm: "NO" (while still holding on to the rail).
Dominique and I are headed back from our journey out in the reef.
We had to take a break and get ourselves together. That current was so strong, it was a struggle to get back to the boat.
The look on Dominique's face says it all. Exhausted!!
The Great Barrier Reef was amazing, but we were beat. Its time to take a break, get some food and explore some more of the Great Barrier Reef.
Stay tuned for part 2 of our journey to the Great Barrier Reef.
Comments
Post a Comment